Cinema Paradiso (1988)
Bryn Mawr Film Institute (BMFI) is seeking a dynamic and detail-oriented individual to assist its education staff. This is a multi-disciplinary position that requires a balance of writing abilities, people skills, and organizational acumen. This staff member will report to BMFI’s director of education, and work with other members of the staff for specific responsibilities/projects.
We are seeking a candidate who is:
- Organized – Able to multitask and capable of overseeing projects with multiple stages and many moving parts
- Personable – Able to work productively with elementary schoolers, seniors, and all ages between
- A Strong Writer – Able to generate and proofread a variety of communications, tailoring each to its appropriate audience
- Clever – Able to identify opportunities, solve problems, and adapt to new contingencies as they arise
- Tech-Literate – Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel), the Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and InDesign), and various web and social media applications/systems, and comfortable learning new software.
- Film-Literate – Possessing some knowledge of cinema and able to bring that knowledge to bear in outreach and marketing
Availability to work some early mornings, evenings, and weekends is required for this full-time position with, for the most part, typical business hours. A college degree and the successful completion of a criminal background check are also mandatory. Some specific responsibilities of the education coordinator, in addition to related office work, are:
- Implementation of BMFI’s third-grade visual literacy program, including working with groups of teachers and students, organizing training sessions, managing volunteers, scheduling school visits, and recording data
- Conducting outreach to promote BMFI’s education and other programming
- Supervising school field trips to BMFI
- Course enrollment and student communication for film education classes
- Preparation of written and visual promotional materials for education programming, including blast e-mails, posters, fliers, and web graphics
- Updating and maintaining education materials on BMFI’s website, internal administrative systems, and social media platforms
To apply for this position, please send one PDF comprised of the following documents to Employment@BrynMawrFilm.org by Monday, December 4:
- Letter of interest (including specific salary requirements)
- Contact information for two references
- The following writing exercise:
Identify two films that you could imagine screening as part of a BMFI education program. Write a promotional blurb for each film (no more than 70 words each).
Only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Part-Time Theater Staff
Bryn Mawr Film Institute is currently seeking friendly, outgoing, helpful, and customer service-oriented
individuals to work in our box office and concession stand. We are seeking new team members who are
excited about giving our patrons the best theater experience. We are interested in applicants with good
verbal communication and cash-handling skills.
As a cashier, you will operate the box office selling movie tickets and gift cards. Cashiers must be
able to field a wide range of questions from our theatergoers. As a concessionist, you will sell food
and beverage items to our guests.
This position is part time. Availability to work evenings and weekends is a must.
Job Duties include:
- Greeting guests of the BMFI in a friendly, helpful, and respectable manner
- Selling memberships
- Handling money
- Willingness to sell in retail environment
- Popping popcorn, pouring drinks, and serving candy and other specialty items
- Maintaining cleanliness of entire box office, theaters, and the concession stand
- Performing daily maintenance duties in the box office and concession stand
- Answering telephones
- Assisting guests to their seats
- Standing, lifting, and bending on a frequent basis; Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Assisting with other functions as instructed by the theater management staff
To apply for a theater staff position, please complete the
and either 1) scan and email a signed copy to
2) drop it off in person during theater operating hours, or 3) mail it to:
Director of Theater Operations
Bryn Mawr Film Institute
PO Box 1058
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010